Wednesday 9 July 2014

Summer Primark/ Boots/ H&M/ Accessorize Haul


Primark:


I cannot express in just one blog post about my love for frilly socks! They are so damn cute and make any outfit you wear look a touch more girly. Weather you can see the frills poking out of a pair of ankle boots or sandals they work for all seasons! These ones from Primark are only £2 for a pack of 3 and in my opinion are nicer than the Topshop ones that are almost four times the price for the same amount! 


Wow wee this was such a bargain. I was walking down one of the isles in Primark and came across this gorgeous kimono and it was love at first sight. It was £13 and for how much detail and the quality of this it was such a bargain. Especially since I have come across lots of similar ones that are double that price. 


I love Primark pj's so very much! I wanted to get the matching top to the shorts but unfortunately all the sizes left were too big for me so I went for a little hunt and got this white vest instead which matches reasonably well. I think in total the top and shorts came to around £5. These are so so comfy and great for summer time as they are made from quite a thin material. They have lovely lace detailing and i just like them lots.


A little later on I discovered these very similar pj's but in a different pattern. Luckily they had my size in both pieces so I went ahead and put these in my basket. You may be thinking that 2 pairs of pyjamas in one shopping trip is a little much but I'm planning to take these on holiday with me and I before had no summery sleepwear.  

Accessorize:


I've been looking for some hair accessories recently for me to wear at my school prom and as my dress has  no 'sparkle' or whatever you want to call it so I thought these would be perfect. These types of clips are great because you don't need to worry about bits sticking out. These were £6 for a pack of 4 which I think is fab because of how expensive they actually look.


I have a serious case of 'I have lost my earrings again' so I am constantly buying new ones. I love this pack and I think their great as you could wear them with anything and I'm thinking of wearing the pair second to the left for prom. They were £10 which is kind of expensive considering I'll probably loose them soon but the damage has been done.

Boots:


The other day I was reading someones blog post (I can't for the life of me remember who) about how much they love this concealer and that it in their opinion is potentially better than the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. It's around the same price and I have tried this once and it's super creamy - I will get back to you all with a cheeky review on this once I get a proper opinion.


As some of you may know I'm a crier. Not just when I'm sad - In fact when I'm sad I very rarely cry. But whenever I'm really happy for someone or about something I will just burst into tears and I'm yet to try a waterproof mascara? Also coming into the summer months all of my make-up tends to smudge all around the place. I have previously already tried the non waterproof version of this so I already know I love it and can we just take a moment to appreciate the beautiful packaging. It's on the higher end of high-street/ drug store make up at £10.


I am soon to be writing a skin care blog post about my love for this stuff so I wont rant too much about it now but this is great for people with acne and is a super cheap (£2.19!) effective solution that could also be used as a moisturiser.


As I just mentioned I will be uploading a skincare routine post so I wont go on about this product too much. This solution is one of the main things that have saved my skin. It's great for getting rid of make-up/ getting rid of impurities on the skin.


I have raved about this amazing powder before in this blog post so I made a cheeky re-purchase before my current one completely runs out. This powder is so lovely and affordable and never looks cakey - the powder almost sinks into the skin and makes it look flawless.


I am yet to try a Sally Hansen nail varnish so I have picked up this one to wear potentially for my prom (I am bringing this up a lot but this is the reason for most of my purchases oops) It's a lovely pale pink colour and I got the shade called 'Arm Candy' which is a little funky sounding but whatever. 


I am before today a false eyelash wearer virgin. I picked up these individual Eylure eyelashes as I heard these look the most natural on which is what I wanted because all I'm really looking for is length. After looking at a tutorial on YouTube I conquered these bad boys and managed to apply them in about the 3rd time which I think is pretty good for a first timer?

H&M:


You will be able to see from these next 2 purchases that not only do I love wearing dresses but I also have a love for ditsy floral prints. This skater style shift dress is so lovely for summer but with a bit of layering and a pair of tights you could definitely get away with wearing it in winter. It was around £12 (?) and I already know I'm going to get so much wear out of this as I wear dresses similar to this all the time.  I think this dress would suit anyone of any body shape as it's not particularly tight fitting and I think the colours would really suit darker skin (and pale skin too but you know what I mean).


What really drew me to this dress (apart from the floral pattern) was the straps that connect at the back which look super flattering and eye catching when you wear it even though it's only a little extra detail. This dress is slightly out of my comfort zone as it's not completely body-con but fairly tight fitting which is something I don't really go for but I thought that I should be comfortable to wear tight clothes even though I don't have the 'perfect' figure as I should be comfortable in my own body and so should you. This was the same price as the first dress and I think you could really dress this dress down or up with a few accessories.

I'll speak to you all soon,
Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment