Friday 4 July 2014

Natural Prom Makeup Look



My school prom is coming up very fast in just a few weeks so I thought that I would share the potential make-up look I'm going to wear. I wanted to keep the look reasonably natural so I would look like myself in photos if that even makes any sense?!?


Base:


The POREfessional (Sample) - Full Size RRP: £24.50
I love love love love this primer! Even this little tester tube has lasted me so long as you need only the tiniest bit to cover all you face. A few primers I have tried have broken my skin out in the past but this defiantly doesn't! It controls my oiliness throughout the day and helps to keep my make-up in place for even longer than usual. I specifically wanted these features for prom as I will be wearing more make-up for a longer amount of time than usual so a good primer is essential for me. You can purchase this primer here.


Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - RRP: £4.19
As you can see from the battered packaging that this concealer is deeply loved within my heart and I have repurchased this concealer at least 5 times now. I use the lightest shade which matches my completion perfectly. It's a very high coverage and is super blendable. It is perfect for blemishes and redness and I use this for under eye circles too. For prom I defiantly want a higher coverage because I want my skin to look as flawless a possible for photographs. You can purchase this concealer here.


Revlon PhotoReady Foundation - RRP: £12.99
I often have a massive struggle with finding foundations that are pale enough for my skin tone. Even brands like L'Oreal who have a massive range of shades don't have one that is pale enough. For me this one is perfect. As well as being the perfect shade it also has  the most amazing finish on my skin. It's a lovely matte/ satin finish. The foundation itself contains SPF 20 which is great for summer as I do not fancy getting a burnt face and photographic pigments that claim to 'diffuse light to erase ever flaw' which I completely agree with, especially in pictures (perfect from prom yet again). This foundation is full coverage but feels surprising light on the skin and looks so natural, It's not 'cakey' at all. i like to apply this with the Real Techniques 'Expert Face Brush'. You can purchase this foundation here.


Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - RRP: £3.99
As you can see I have hit pan hard on this powder and this is the second purchase I have made of this which shows how much I love it. It contains no fragrance or added oils so it is great for sensitive skin. This gets rid of all oiliness/ shininess on my skin whilst also adding a little bit more coverage (But you can also get a transparent version if you don't want any more coverage). You can purchase this powder here.


Bourjois Bronzing Powder - RRP: £7.99
This bronzer is fabulous! I have the lightest shade and it doesn't look orange at all. It's perfect for bronzing up the whole face/ to add a slight contour or if you're feeling wild both! It gives your skin a really healthy glow and if you are pasty white like me it makes you look slightly more alive. You can purchase this bronzer here.


Benefit Coralista (Sample) - Full Size RRP: 23.50
This is my favourite blush ever! It's a coral colour (as the name suggests) which you can build up or make look very subtle. I haven't even hit pan on this tester and I have used it almost every day for at least 2 months so buying the full version is definitely worth the money. It has a slight shimmer to it which looks beautiful and is just all round a great blusher. You can purchase this blush here.

Eyes:


I have 'hooded eyes' where the eyelid droops slightly lower than normal eyelids so I'm limited with what I can do without it all smudging everywhere. But if I could I would add winged eye-liner to create more definition.
I also forgot to take a photo of this but  I used the Urban Decay 'Primer Potion' to prime my eyelids and help they eyeshadow stay in place for longer.


Urban Decay Naked Pallet - RRP: £37
Out of this pallet I have used: 'Buck' (5th from the left) to fill in my eyebrows and 'Smog' (6th from the right) all over the lid. These eye shadows are so blendable and pigmented. The only downside is that they do have a fair bit of fall down but you can just sweep this away with a brush! This pallet is definitely worth they hype and worth the price for such high quality. You can purchase this pallet here.


ColourWorks Eye Shadow Pallet - This was limited edition at Super-drug and I got it for Christmas so I have no idea how much it was or if it will be re-released.
In this pallet I mixed a tiny bit on the black (far right in the middle row), brown (on the left of the black) and taupe (top left corner) and used these in the crease and blended them all out with a fluffy brush. I love the way this combination turned out and it made a perfect gradient from the urban decay colour. I also used the white (3rd from the left in the middle row) as and inner corner and brow bone highlight which looks really natural.


Mac Zoom Fast Black Lash Mascara - RRP: £14.50
I love this mascara because it gives lots of definition and makes you're eyes look so fluttery and bigger than usual. I prefer my mascara once it has dried up slightly. Before it dried up a little I didn't like it that much as I felt it smudged a lot and wasn't doing anything spectacular but now a little while later I love it! You can purchase this mascara here.

Lips:



Mac Lustre Lipstick in 'Politely Pink' - RRP: £15
I have a very small mac lipstick collection at the moment but this is my favourite I think! It's the most beautiful sheer pink which gives your lips so much shine. I got this lipstick for my birthday by accident as I actually asked for another one but I'm so glad the accident happen as I don't think I would have personally picked this up myself as it doesn't look that exciting in the packaging but I love it on my lips! It's a lustre finish which means it's really hydrating and glossy too.  You can purchase this lipstick here.


Rimmel Vinyl Gloss in '130 Take A Chance' - RRP: £4.99
This is surprisingly the first lip gloss I have ever brought! I was really sceptical  that it would be really sticky and gross I thought 'why the heck not, pull yourself together Sarah' and my pep talked paid off because it's not sticky at all! It pairs wonderfully with  the mac lipstick as they are almost identical colours and this adds to the shine. I also occasionally wear this on it's own to school or everyday wear as it adds a little colour but isn't too in your face. You can purchase this lip gloss here.

I'll speak to you all soon,
Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment