Saturday 23 August 2014

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer vs Seventeen Stay Time Concealer



Top swatch: Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
Bottom Swatch: Seventeen Stay time Concealer 
So for a long time now the 'Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer' has been a staple in mine and a lot of over beauty lovers collection for a long time now. It is such a full coverage it makes the worst of spots disappear off your face but I have got fed up of having to purchase a new one so often because of how quickly it dries up (although saying this I will still repurchase but not nearly as frequently). 
I was scrolling through my blogger news feed when I saw someone raving about the 'Seventeen Stay time Concealer' and how they thought it was better than collections so I had a mini dash to the shops and brought myself one.

Shades - Despite Collection having a slightly wider range of colours I personally think that the actual colours Seventeen have are better. For instance in the last photo I have done a swatch of the fairest shade of each concealer and although they are roughly the same, Seventeen's concealer is lighter which is great for pale skin like mine because occasionally Collections is just too dark. So in this section I think Seventeen is the best.

Under eye circles - I have a definite favourite for this and that is (again) Seventeen's Stay Time Concealer. This is because Collection's concealer is slightly too heavy/ cakey for a larger area and in a way makes my dark circles look worse. Seventeen's concealer is so creamy and light weight that it really brightens up under your eyes and looks really natural and not cakey but is still a really full coverage .

Spots/ blemishes - Even after falling in love with Seventeen's concealer I don't think I will ever be able to part with Collection's for blemishes. Although I do use both depending on if I'm having a 'good spot day' or 'bad spot day'.

Redness - To be honest I adore both concealers equally for redness. I do tend to use the collection concealer on smaller areas of redness though because as I mentioned before it can go cakey on large areas.

Packaging - Both concealers packaging wise are identical (apart from seventeen's being slightly longer as it contains more product). The only reason I prefer Seventeen's packaging is because the writing doesn't rub off.

Price - Seventeen's concealer is only 30p more than collection but despite this it lasts a lot longer so it definitely has more value for money.

Blendibility (I believe I just made up a new word but i couldn't think of another word for it) - A massive problem with collection's concealer is that it dries really fast on the skin so you have to work fast with it or you will be stuck with an awkward patch of concealer on you but Seventeen's concealer is so much more creamer and nicer to actually use as you don't feel you need to rush.

I think both of these concealers will be a staple in my make up bag for a long time to come as they both are incredible at doing different 'jobs'.

I'll speak to you all soon,
Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment