Monday 15 September 2014

Liz Earle: Cleanse & Polish Review/ How To


Recently, after a long time of deliberating I finally cracked and purchase the 'Liz Earle: Cleanse and Polish' (I opted for the starter kit which is about £1 more expensive and you get 2 muslin cloths and and little bag which is so useful for keeping everything together). In total it was around £14 which I think is actually pretty reasonable for a piece of 'high end' skincare. Also as a disclaimer I have oily/ combination skin and this is suitable for all skin types - this has worked for me but isn't 100% going to work on you. The lady at the counter explained how to use this to me at the counter but I know if she didn't I would have no idea where to start so here's a mini step-by-step guide then I shall get on with the review.


Firstly let your muslin cloth soak in hand hot/ room temperature water. It's a myth that your pores open and close depending on what temperature of water you use - In fact doing that is more lightly to upset your skin and cause flare ups.


Next of course get one pump (you don't need more of this as each pump has been measured to be the right amount) of the cleanser on your hand and rub it in-between your fingers a little just to warm it up.


Rub the cleanser in circle motions onto a dry face to dissolve your make-up of just for general cleansing (You can even use this on your eyelashes/ lids so don't be scared to do so - I take my make-up off with a micellar water prier to this as I feel like it's easier to do it that way as you get the majority off first, I don't use just this alone to get rid of make up.


Finally, rescue your muslin cloth out of the water and in circular motions rub it gently all round your face until it feels squeaky clean (not actually make your skin squeak though, that could end badly).


Tmi? Definitely tmi... But I'm uploading this last photo anyway to show you how amazing this product is. You think (or I did anyway) that you get all your make-up off with the micellar water/ general make-up remover/ facial wipes but unfortunately we were mistaken! This shows how effective the exfoliating muslin cloth is and you can tell it gets deep into those pours! At the moment my skin is having a few hormonal breakouts but that bit's that aren't covered in nasties look so flawless/ pour-less! Honestly this cleanser does miracle and I wish I started using it before. Also the actual cleanser itself feels so cooling and nice on the skin! 10/10 would recommend to a friend.

I'll speak to you all soon,
Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment