Thursday 18 September 2014

FOTD: Every Day Smokey Eye With A Peach Lip


I'm sorry about how annoying those stands of hair are by my neck, they annoy me greatly too I promise...
My favourite thing when I'm doing my make up is eye shadow. You can experiment so much and can make such different looks with the same few colours. One of my favourite looks being the classic smoky eye and with this I usually add a nude peachy lip as that is my all time favourite lip colour and all together my favourite every day look which I have gone for today so I will just list what I am wearing and where it's from in my first ever 'face of the day'!
  Foundation: I'm wearing Revolon PhotoReady. This honestly makes my skin look flawless in photographs. Believe it or not but I wasn't having a very good skin day when these photos were taken and I cant see one trace of a spot! I'm in love.
  Concealer: As per usual I am using my staple concealers which are the Collection Lasting Perfection for blemishes and Seventeen Stay Time for under eye circles.
  Powder: I feel like I need to change this up but I'm currently using the Rimmel London Stay Matte but to be honest I'm not loving it that much any more. It does the job amazingly but personally for oily skin at least this has awful staying power. If you have any recommendations please let me know!
  Bronzer: In this photo I am using my hugely loved Bourjois Delice de Poudre (also known as the chocolate bronzer because of the packaging) It so amazing for making you look a little tan and as I'm pale it's hard to find natural bronzer but this fits the bill.
  Blush: As the smoky eye is quite strong I wanted a natural blush so opted for my new Sleek blush in 'Rose Gold' which is apparently and exact dupe for Nars's 'Orgasm'
  Eyebrows: Recently I have been trying out slightly stronger eyebrow looks as I have been hiding behind my comfort blanket of an eyshadow for too long so I have gone for my Rimmel London Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel which is such a perfect match. 
  Eye shadow: I have used my Urban Decay 'Naked' Pallet in this which is the mother pallet for creating a variety of smoky eyes and I have used 'Virgin' on the inner corner, 'Smog' all over the lid and 'Dark Horse' in the crease and blending everything out with a mac 275.
♡ Mascara - I am using my all time favourite L'Oreal Waterproof Volume Million and it gives both volume and length and I just love it.
  Lips: I used my favourite colour lipstick ever for this look which is a matte Revlon lipstick in 'Smoky Peach' annoyingly enough though it leaves such a bad look on the lips but to solve that I just put a clear lip gloss over the top and all my problems were solved.

I'll speak to you soon,
Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment