Wednesday 24 September 2014

Gig review/ not really a review: Lewis Watson

I apologise for the awful quality of these pictures, phone camera's aren't the greatest at gigs...
On the 21st of September I made my way down to my second Lewis Watson gig (the first was in march last year) - this is a big deal because normally I'm quite content with seeing a performance just once but honestly you cannot beat his voice. It was in such an intimate venue of maybe about 200(?!) people which honestly I love because you get more of a connection and can share jokes an it's just my favourite thing. His group of friends were also there that night which meant the jokes between the audience and him kept going. There is nothing worse than going to see someone live and them not talking to you/ the audience at all but lewis does so amazingly in this department.

He has 2 support acts that night. One being Andreas Moe (second to left in the photographs) who was so amazing. Personally I would compare his voice to Passenger/ similar to Lewis in the earlier days but it is still very unique and I will definitely be buying his music in the future. I was also lucky enough to meet him after the show and he was so down to earth and friendly. The second support were Amber Run (second to right photograph) who are a 5 piece band which I would describe to play indie/ slightly rock music(?) Either way they too were incredible.

When Lewis came on stage his first song was 'stones around the sun' which is one of my favourites as if you really listen to the lyrics they are so meaningful so that instantly put me in a good mood. I honestly don't know what else to say. He was so amazing and I would 110% recommend you going to a gig of his if you have the chance, you wont regret it. There are still a few dates left on his UK tour and he is touring some parts of the rest of the world too so for dates go here: http://lewiswatsonmusic.com/gigs/

I'll speak to you all soon,
Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment