Tuesday 10 June 2014

Real Techniques: Duo-Fibre Brushes


I'm sure many of you are already familiar with the amazing 'Real Techniques' brushes created by the Pixiwoo sisters; Sam and Nic Chapman. I have fallen in love with other brushes that they have created so I bit the bullet and decided to purchase these from boots a couple of weeks ago. The set retails at around £23.99 and includes 3 brushes;
- The duo-fiber face brush
-The duo-fiber contour brush
-The duo-fiber eye brush
You can purchase the set at Boots and Superdrug but you can also find them slightly cheaper on the Real Techniques website that ships world wide.  Be sure the get them quickly as they are limited edition! The high-street price of these brushes are phenomenal due to the amazing quality - personally I would pay even more due to how amazing they are as they average out at about £8 per brush which for the quality is SO cheap. 


It was quite difficult to show in a picture, but what makes these brushes unique is that they are 'duo-fiber'. This means that (at least for these in particular) there are two layers of synthetic fibers, with one layer being longer than the other. This basically means that some 'bristles' are longer than others. The varying lengths of the fibers in these brushes are shown by colour. The longer fibers are white and the shorter fibers are black. 
Duo-fibre bristles work with almost any kind of make-up including; Cream, liquid or powder and give the most amazing finish ever!
After I read that they can be used for liquid I grabbed my duo-fiber face brush and attempted to use it with my L'Oreal true match foundation (I love this foundation by the way). I was very sceptical to see if this would work due to the brush not being very dense but I tried it out any way and WOW! My foundation looked so amazing on my skin. I'm not going to lie and say it made me look flawless because it didn't due to my hormonal teenage skin, but it blended my foundation perfectly and despite it being medium coverage my skin looked like skin whilst still hiding most imperfections and ever since I have not used any other brush for my foundation.
And of course I am also in love with the two other brushes in the set. The duo-fiber contour brush is perfect for picking up the exact amount of product you need and is slightly tapered so it fits just under your cheekbone and is also great for bronzing up your whole face (as is the face brush). And the duo-fiber eye brush is perfect for blending out eye-shadow.


The handles of the brush are made from aluminium so they are very light weight and as they are fairly long it makes them easier to use, the design of the brushes is also lovely. And also since using these not one single bristle has escaped even when washing them!
A fact you may or may not know about Real Techniques is that the synthetic bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free! I absolutely love that Sam and Nic chose to do this as it means that whichever brush you purchase is unique to you and the cruelty-free aspect is just an added bonus and is even more of a reason to purchase these brushes!

I'll speak to you all soon,
Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment